Board Activities of Industry Advisory Council Members
The function of the Industry Advisory Council is to advise educators regarding educational objectives.
Some general activities are to:
1. Serve as a communication channel between industry and education.
2. Suggest technical information to be taught that contributes to the objectives of the educational unit.
3. Assist in developing resources that assist the department in attaining the educational objectives.
4. Recommend competent personnel as potential instructors.
5. Suggest ways for improving the public image of the educational unit.
6. Assist in recruiting, providing internships and co-ops, and in placing graduates
7. Assess educational needs of industry.
8. Keep the educational unit informed of present and future trends in the labor market for graduates.
9. Serve as role models to the students and faculty.
10. Assist in developing long rang plans for the educational unit.
Guy Patton (Emeritus)
Wave 7 Technologies Corporation
Robert D. Smith(Emeritus)
SouthOaks Group, Inc.
Alan Weeks (Emeritus)
Brasfield & Gorrie
Martin & Cobey Construction
Class of 2012
Hoar Construction, LLC.
R.J. Griffin & Company
B.L. Harbert International
Capstone Building Corp.
Kiewit Southern Co.
Class of 2011
M. J. Harris, Inc.
TCU Consulting Services, LLC.
Brasfield & Gorrie,LLC.
Phenix Investment Associates
Class of 2010
Pertree Constructors, Inc.
R. Randy Hall
Robins and Morton
Class of 2009
Cherokee Pumping, Inc.
Colonial Properties Trust
Bill R. McMahon
Delk Construction Management Svcs.